Spotted in the Cadbury factory, this is an interesting detail for an industrial scene. A bunded area is somewhere to park a tanker, with drainage to avoid spills spreading. I'd assume this is normally where it is being loaded or unloaded, but this one seems not to have any facilities for this. Does the driver haul the tanker to this spot if it appears to be leaking?
Modelling would be simple enough: some gratings around the edge of a concrete area. You could probably scribe the lot into card, unless someone laser-cuts the gratings. The change of ground colour from tarmac to concrete would look good in model form.
You'll need a sign, of course:
Maybe that door hides a connection for a hose from the tanker? Since it was the weekend, and there were no deliveries, I can't tell. If anyone knows more, I'm sure we'd love to know.


I like the sign showing where the Bun Died....(surely should be bunded?)
ReplyDeleteMaybe a dead cake warning is more appropriate for me!
DeleteTo avoid any spread of a spillage the discharge point of the tanker should be within the bunded area while transferring the load. There will be a male coupling and probably a shut off valve contained in the box to avoid any contamination from the weather.
ReplyDelete