Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Warehouse Wednesday: Manx shelter and post box

 

Manx shelter and post box

I'm nearly through the Manx photos, but had to use this one taken in the little museum (I think) beside Laxey station. 

Information is a bit sparse, but I assume this is a tiny shelter from the Manx Electric Railway. The post box is a fairly typical Manx feature - there is one at Groudle Station, which I always try to remember to send a postcard from. 

Both are very modelable, although that shelter looks a bit small for anything other than three people! 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 AM

    It is Laxey and this is a MER post box. There were and in some cases still are post boxes like these at a number of tram stops. The MER had a contract with the Post Office to run mail services. There’s a little more information here:

    https://manxelectricrailway.co.uk/features/freight/mail/

    Chris TGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing how much you love the Groudle Glen I thought you might appreciate this stunning set of drone photos of the Groudle from the NGEG Facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/narrowgauge/posts/37904343289150901

    ReplyDelete