Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Workshop Wednesday - Sherwood Bus Depot

 

Sherwood Bus Depot

On the way to a photo shoot, I found myself running early, so I stopped off in the Nottingham district of Sherwood. The forest is close by, in case you wondered. 

It's an interesting place. More charity shops than you can shake a stick at, but also a local baker and lots of visible signs of community action to brighten the place up. I popped some of them in this Instagram post.  

Halfway along the street is Sherwood bus depot. According to this document (PDF), it was built in 1901, originally as a tram depot. Buses replaced trams in 1936.

One half is now a 'spoons pub, and the other used to be a bus depot, though it closed a month ago.  

Frustratingly, the satnav route back home after the shoot didn't replicate the route out, or I'd have examined the building further over lunch in the pub.  

You can see this building on Street View. 

No comments:

Post a Comment