People are always coming up to me and suggesting that it would be fun to put a camera in the front of a model train.
Well, this video from Pendon shows why I disagree.
The problem with most model railway layouts, is that they are designed to be viewed from the front. What the camera sees is lots of scenery on one side of the track, and a giant (relative to the scenery) room on the other.
For me, this doesn't work. When I photograph a layout, I'm happy with this First Person View, but that's because I can remove the room, and replace it with sky, so the illusion is maintained. While this is possible with video, it's a lot of hard work.
This makes me suggest, that if it doesn't work on one of the greatest models in the world, what chance do the rest of us have?
4 comments:
I think an AI tool could solve a lot of that issue....
...I'll get my coat.
Yes, my thought was the saem. The sky could be made to look "authentic" and the image could eb stabilisted. But would it be woth it? The magic of Pendon is that it is the "view from above", much of the magis is missing in this video.
While I agree that it would be great if the ceiling could be replaced by sky, I found I was was able to ignore it and absorb myself in seeing the Vale Scene, which I've visited many times over several decades, from a new perspective. Next time I visit, I'll try to view the videos again beforehand.
Simon.
It was much in fashion in the early noughties.
Post a Comment