Sunday, September 20, 2026

TINGS 2026

Kernow Consolidated

The International N Gauge Show is always a bit of a work trip. I'm on the lookout for layouts that will photograph well for BRM, and this year, despite being a little emptier than normal, the show delivered. I think there were 5-6 that I'd like to point a camera at properly. 

One of the highlights was Kato's "Oscar" - a tiny 009 locomotive which is very near being delivered. 

Kato Oscar

It really is tiny, with a very useful-looking chassis built around a coreless motor and brass worm gear/flywheel combination. Running was superb, and I can see a whole raft of 3D-printed bodies being produced for it. 

You know I like weird stuff; well, the Japanese layout Tsuro no Michi provided this with a CatBus on the roof of one of the buildings. 

Catbus

Inspired by the CatBus, I've booked a trip to see My Neighbour Totoro on stage in London. Not what I expected to be inspired to do, by a model railway show!

And of course, cake. 6 out of 10 for the Victoria sponge. It was a little stodgy, but perfectly edible. 

Tea and cake

I arrived as the doors opened, and left just before chucking out time. In my mind, this makes for a good day out, and excellent value for money. 

All the photos are over on Flickr.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a chat with Kato-san - came home and pre-ordered an Oscar!

Phil Parker said...

Good move. I think that this is a loco a little under the radar - but once people see it , they will envy you as it's a cracker!