Hat tip to Duncan Young for finding these wonderfully atmospheric shots, and arranging permission for me to post them here. He tells me they are from Hunwick in County Durham, taken by Richard Lloyd, but that's all I know.
Well, apart from them being full of very modelable features. Look at those collapsing doors. Easy enough to model with some scribed and Plastikard that is then attacked with a knife.
Then we have the windows. Boarded up on the brick barn, and largely devoid of glazing on the stone one. Wiggly tin roofs, I could go on, but I need to find an excuse to make a model!


1 comment:
I have a thing for the windows and doors of working buildings, as my collection of photos bears witness to. But they are rarely modelled well. A bit like "clutter" on many layouts, people forget to model the real thing.
Post a Comment