Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spraying article in Model Boats


March Model Boats Magazine
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Sometime last year, or possibly even earlier, I gave a talk about spray painting to our model boat club. Seeing an opportunity I wrote most of it down and turned the text into an article which appears in this month's Model Boats Magazine.

Basically I've tried to explain the spray painting basics to absolute beginners. The editor changed my preferred title from "Spray Painting for Dummies" into "Spray Painting for Novices" presumably to avoid legal action from the famous series of books I was aping.

To be honest, reading the text afresh it's a bit staccato and not one of my best, the information is there but it doesn't flow as well as I would like. Still, you do get an exciting bye line picture of me wearing my spray mask !

No comments: