Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mine tubs in Continental Modeller

December's Continental Modeller has a new look which is pretty exciting for anything from the PECO stable. More thrilling it has a couple of pages from me covering my build of On30 mine tubs.

Everything looks OK, although the photos predate the change of my photo backgrounds to pale which means the edges are lost on the white page. I notice but probably no one else will.

Elsewhere, being sucker for micro layouts, I love the market garden model. The prototype feature on the Pyrenean overhead electric railway makes me want to pack some bags to go and see for myself. It's very like the Sneafell Mountain Railway but with locos and coaches. And a rack system. And intermediate stations. Well the photo of the trains ascending the hill on page 776 looks a lot like the Laxey Valley anyway.

Completed train

1 comment:

neil whitehead said...

Hi Phil, even though La Rhune is about 80kms from us in south west France I never made it up the mountain. If you fancy a joint visit contact me at www.breakaway-to-bearn.com. direct flights from Britol to Pau. There is also the highest line in France at Artouste at 2,000 metres www.train-artouste.com

Neil Whitehead