Monday, December 31, 2012

My 2013 Exhibition Calandar

At the end of the year, it's time to look the the future and sort out my public appearances for 2013.

The results can be seen on my exhibition calender. Very scary they are too.

Nine shows, yes 9 of them! Nine opportunities to pack up the car, drive a long distance and talk to people.

To be fair, only 5 shows involve stopping away and 2 of them are within 15 minutes drive of where I live. This is a good thing. It's not that I don't like being at exhibitions, it's just that once you've done a few, the novelty wears off and turning out can sometimes seem like a bit of a chore.

That's probably shocked you. Surely everyone who exhibits loves every moment of the experience?

No we don't. Once you are set up and working then it's fine. Give me a friendly group of visitors, pleasant venue, decent hotel and a good breakfast and I'm a very happy man. I still stress about travelling and whether the model will perform properly. I'm always relieved once the layout, exhibition essentials and rolling stock are packed away after a weekend.

This is why we try to limit shows to 4 a year. Possibly 5, something miserably failed this year.

Never mind. Take a look and see if there is anything that tickles your fancy. I always enjoy meeting readers of this blog. It's nice to put names to web stats and with a bit of luck I'm guaranteed a friendly audience!

1 comment:

Iain Robinson said...

All the best for 2013...maybe I will get to one of your shows this year!