Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tarroo Ushtey plan


You meet some top people in our hobbies. Chatting to Brian King on the Manx Model Boat Club stand at the model boat show, I admired his model of the working boat Tarroo Ushtey. I said I fancied making a model of it. He said he had a plan and would send me a copy.

A week later, a fat envelope arrives from the Isle of Man and in it is a copy of the plan. Brilliant!

At 1:24, the boat comes in at 63cm. Looking at it, I think I might reduce this a bit but the deciding factor is likely to be one of Macs Mouldings crane kits. Everything else is a scratchbuild but I've wanted to try one of these for ages.

Construction will have a wait a while, but I'd like to think I can complete it for next years show.

Incidentally, Tarroo Ashtey is Manx for "Water Bull" - quite an apt name for the boat.



No comments: