Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Telephone box resource

Cubbington K6According to the note in my album, this K6 telephone box photo was taken on 26th October 1991 on the Coventry road in Cubbington near Leamington Spa.

I know this because for a long while I've been a real telephone box anorak. If I see a red box, then I am compelled to take a photo of it.

This is of course, great for improving my photography. Take a standard subject and try to compose the best photo of it you can. Do this enough and you might improve.

Mind you, it's scary how old this photo looks. Is that an Austin Landcrab in the background?

Anyway, the reason for this post is that over the weekend, I needed to look up some phone box facts and found a new website that is worth a look because it is beautifully illustrated.

www.the-telephone-box.co.uk

Each box, including the early BT versions, is drawn by someone who obviously a talented graphic artist. There are also facts and photographs. I spent a long time looking through everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard the Austin Maxi called a number of things - but that's a new one.

Anonymous said...

It was the Austim/Morris 1800 that was called the landcrab, not the Maxi.

Brian