Friday, December 01, 2006

Running - sort of


Runing - sort of
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
The experiment has been a success. Well nearly anyway.

It looks like I can build an IOM loco chassis and get it running without too much pain. Good news as the new layout isn’t really viable without them and I can’t see Hornby coming to my rescue any time soon.

Obviously there is supposed to be a front bogie to keep the nose out of the sleepers – I’ve built this but need another half hour to fit it. Instead a big nut on the back balances things out.

Quartering was “fun” as the jig wouldn’t fit the front ‘cos the running boards get in the way. The back was OK though so I set this and adjusted the fronts. Getting the rods over the fat Gibson bushes was interesting too. Not much metal left at the end of those rods.

However it looks like it works and so tomorrow I plan to spend some money with Mr Branchlines.

No comments: