Sunday, September 25, 2016

Making model aeroplanes

Hat tip to Scale Model News for this fascinating film:



I've always wondered what it's like working somewhere like this.All the work is so clean and precise, not like my bodgery at all!

When you arrive at your first job, one of the first things that strikes you is that unlike school, everyone appears to get everything right. You don't often get to go an have another go.

This sort of model making is a bit like that. They just seem to produce stuff with no fuss or fiddling. Wish I could do that.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I started making models it was with airfix kits, gradually progressing to 1/48, 1/32 and 1/24 as skills developed.

Unfortunately I stopped for many years and now I have health problems finding getting back into doing modelling a bit harder, but still fun. Though I spend more time making jewellery than models in recent years.

Great video though. We've lost a lot of very skilled professions over the years with 'progress'.