Friday, March 24, 2017

Off to Ally Pally

An early(ish) start for me today as I'm bound for Alexandra Palace for this years London Festival of Railway Modelling.

My plan is to load up the modelling board and as I did at Doncaster, spend the weekend chatting to people and occasionally making something.

In a first, I'll be taking a car full of layouts and hopefully, returning empty. The N gauge project is due to be picked up by some eager competition winners on Sunday so I've been doing a little work to make sure it's in good condition for them.

The early start is because we are planning to film a few sections for the "Extras" section of some future BRM DVDs, and possibly even something for RMweb. I'm pretty sure I didn't think I'd be the new Paxman when I started this job, but it seems that chatting to people in a low-fi way is popular.

I know there will be a good few new goodies to see, and loads of top quality layouts so look out for a fuller report next weekend.

2 comments:

Nick Brad said...

I hope you have a great time at the show and I look forward to seeing the extras in the future, one of these days I'm going to have to make the trip south to the show myself.

Anonymous said...

What's all this about "Paxo"?

Did somebody threaten to overrule you?

Joking aside, I hope the show and filming go well.