Monday, October 29, 2018

New project: Mohan


Time for a new project, and I'm in the mood to build a model boat. I've even set myself a punishing deadline - it's entered in to the International Model Boat show on the 9th November. Even though I'm posting a week or so after each stage is built, that's still tight. I have taken the precaution of describing it as "A work in progress" on the form...

The kit is a Waverley Models "mini tug" kit. Bought at least 10 years ago, I kept finding the model in the store and since the 16mm Hunslet has reminded me how much I like noodling with plastic sheet, a "kit" that will require a lot of that is just what I need right now.

In the box are some vac-formed hull bits 35cm long a plan and a few resin bits that don't look like much on the drawing. After this, I'm on my own. I think there was some plastic sheet in there to make the superstructure out of but I can't find that. Not to worry, I've got loads.

In another exciting change, I plan to take the photos on a grey background where possible. I want to see how this looks, and save myself time sorting out a nice white background to contrast against the white materials I'm building the model in.

No comments: