Friday, October 11, 2019

Saltford Models wagons

Saltford Models wagons

The next issue of Garden Rail will have a nostalgic theme and as part of this I've been digging out some of my earliest large scale models. 

This pair of 16mm scale, 32mm gauge wagons are built from Saltford Models kits. Basically, some white metal castings and a set of plans. 

The front one is pretty much as intended, a simple mine tub. The wood is balsa, coloured with rub-on wood dye. The couplings are my own design, but pretty close to what was intended. 

Parts for three wagons were included in the kit, which even though it was a bargain stretched my pocket money. By the third, I decided to do something different, hence the back wagon with corner plates and lower sides. That's the joy of this sort of modelling, even a beginner like I was could have a go at their own thing. 

No comments: