Monday, September 02, 2024

Mannin Middle for sale

 

So many temptations with my job. Visiting the Llanfair show last weekend, I chatted to Pete Cullen, who tells me that his layout "Mannin Middle" is up for sale. 

This 6ft square model was originally built by Hugh Freeman, but for the last few years, Pete has exhibited it. I took a set of photos for the August 2020 issue of BRM. 

Obviously, I really love this layout. But I know if I bought it, it would sit in storage and do nothing. There's no time in my schedule to go back on the exhibition circuit.

All of which is frustrating, as the price, £500, is a bargain. For the money, the new owner getts the stock, but no electrics, legs or lights. None of the latter is a real problem as the layout is very simple. 

If any blog reader fancies taking this on, drop me an email, and I'll pass your details to Pete. 

Unless a Premium Bond comes up big, in which case, I will find a way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil, is the layout in the Island or the UK (and where)?

Phil Parker said...

Cardiff