Sunday, May 14, 2006

Framed


Green windows
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
I’ve been putting off cutting the windows for ages. It’s always been a job that loomed over me. I knew I’m going to have to do it some time, just later please.

So with Dr Who on the telly at the end of the bench I put a new blade in the scalpel and started. By the time the cybermen had started chasing people around the big house (Trigger is going to take over the world ?!) I had a pile of windows. Fortunately they were in line on the printed sheet so I was able to chop long lengths, only the corners were a little fiddly but nothing a sharp blade couldn’t deal with. A bit of filing on the outside corners and all looked good. I even score lines on the side windows to show where they opened.

Brush painting was considered but I reckoned spraying would be quicker and neater. When I started they flew around the bench. However pulling a couple of boxes out of the recycling bin and using some double sided sticky tape I was able to spray and hair-dry with impunity. Best of all I could spray with the windows vertical so paint didn’t fall out of the cup on the airbrush. Removing the frames was a bit awkward as the tape was very sticky, the scalpel came in useful again to pick them off without damage.

Simple really – I don’t know why it took me so long to get around to it.

No comments: