Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Maiden voyage - sort of.


Boat in bath
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Not much of a maiden voyage, sailing back and forth in the bath. It’s traditional though, all model boats get their first taste of water this way so who am I to go against tradition ?

Nothing leaked though and the radio control gubins behaved itself. A little weight from an old battery pack and we were floating pretty level. I suspect more will be needed to get to the waterline but you can’t tell when the only view is a plan one.

This weekend I’m going to pull my finger out and try to get the superstructure into some sort of shape so I can take it to the lake and sail it. Extra detail can come later – I need to get on the water.

(Sorry about the photo, I took it with my phone and the bathroom isn’t really bright enough for photography without flash.)

No comments: