Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chain fence

Chain FenceFlockburgh is due to go to Shenstone show on Saturday. Despite the gap in events we still haven't made much progress on the new scenic end to the layout so I've set it up for a few days to have a fiddle.

One of the obvious problems was that of our 3mm scale people falling off the end of the prom. Since we don't want them hurting themselves I've put a chain link fence in place. Of course this being a model railway, it's not real. The posts are Peco track pins and the chain, ordinary thread.

The tread when tied in place pointed in all directions but down so I soaked it in superglue a section at a time and used tweezers to pull it into a more realistic direction. Them because this made everything shiny, painted it all in weathered black.

It's only a little detail, and not one most people will take any notice of but I like it and since it's my train set, then that's what matters.

No comments: