Friday, July 16, 2010

More Layouts for Limited Spaces

More Layouts for limited spacesMore print appearances for my models. This time in a proper book. Better still, a book I was partly responsible for.

A terrifying 14 years ago, Nigel Adams wrote a book for Silver Link called "Layouts for Limited Spaces". Melbridge Dock was one of the models featured in the layout gallery and even made it onto the front cover. I was always a bit chuffed by this.

Anyway, at a recent Warley show, I was talking to Nigel about the book and he mentioned that they were still reprinting it as people kept on buying copies. Fair enough I said, why don't you do a follow-up. After all it's not like there haven't been a few more models along these lines. Good idea he said and went off to talk to the publisher. The result arrived in the post over the weekend.

The format is different, the original is A4 whereas this is about 2/3rd's of the size. Also, the new one is fatter (144 pages) and colour throughout. The layout gallery is much expanded and aside from my contributions (which obviously I think are excellent and have the best photographs) you get to read content from several other well known modellers. I've always had a soft spot for the work of Charles and Richard Insley having admired their narrow gauge and American respectively models for many years. All the layouts include plans so you can pinch ideas to your hearts content.

Anyway, don't read any more, get on down to Amazon and buy yourself a copy !

No comments: