Sunday, November 10, 2019

Wycrail 2019

Svanda diesel

In an effort to limit my cake intake, I decided that the number of slices consumed would be the same as the number of Norwiegen layouts found at Wycrail.

So that's two then. Who would have expected Norway to be so popular?

The show was great fun. OK, it was chucking it down and England were losing at Rugby, but I enjoyed myself because I travelled by train and then a vintage bus. Far nicer than fighting my way down the motorway in all that spray.

Brian Macdermott met me and we took a quick first look around the event. It's on two floors with plenty of space to move around. Then I took a cake (chocolate) break followed by a slower mooch.

Ealing prop

This wasn't a work trip, and yes it is sad that on a day off I end up at a model railway show, but then I still enjoy chatting to people such as Chris Ford (who hasn't posted the selfie yet), Jerry Freestone and the chaps from Missenden.  

One highlight was the tramway Upper Oreful Street, a rare beast as most tram layouts look, erm, old fashioned. Cracking shop window displays. It's the sort of tram layout I would build if I built a tramway layout. 

Another highlight was chatting to a model engineer about baking cakes and the merits of sponge while I consumed the second slice...

No comments: