Monday, July 10, 2023

A pre-painted Bulldog

 

Time for a simple kit. Last year, I finally sucumbed to a G scale Lanz Bulldog kit from Pola. An odd choice you might think, except that my first novel (still available) culminates with a tractor chase featuring one of these. Inspiration came from the tractor collection on the farm my model railway and boat club live on. When I found out this was the sport model, well, it had to be the hero vehicle. 

My collection now includes several models, but this will be the largest one so far, and a nice load for the garden railway. 

There are plenty of bits in the box, and a surprise. The kit is not only pre-painted, but pre-weathered too! OK, it's a basically a dirty wash, but the results look pretty effective. 

Most of the model is plastic, but the chunky, solid tyres are rubber, and it will have some weight when built because of this. 

This isn't going to be a serious project. Used outside, there's no point in wiring up the engine or adding too much fiddly detail, but I'm not in the mood for this. Anyway, there is a MiniArt kit in the stash for the same prototype that would be a better bet...


No comments: