Friday, July 28, 2023

N gauge station

Rushton

Preparing for the filming I didn't get to do, involved digging out all the Billy Bookcase layouts. Well, I wasn't going to waste the opportunity to take some photos. 

Both the OO and 009 layouts have been in front of the camera many times, but Rushton, the N gauge member of the trio isn't so widely used as a photo background. 

I was always pleased with the slightly desolate air of this model. Very Stopping Train Britian with a blue DMU standing in front of the very basic platform shelter. We don't build enough miserable layouts.

4 comments:

James Finister said...

With my professional hat on I run a FB group for IT service managers, Back2ITSM. Often it is very serious, but because so many of us are consultants, salespeople or trainers, we travel a lot. To show how unglamorous business travel is we have a long running competition to post the most miserable hotel room views. Scoring is arcane, but this photo loses points for greenery, cows, sky,a train...

Jim s-w said...

Um, hello? I can only do miserable layouts πŸ˜„

Chris Ford said...

What about miserable operators?

Paul B. said...

Reminds me of a line in a Half Man Half Biscuit song;
'Opinionated weather forecasters telling me it's going to be a miserable day.
I quite like a bit of drizzle so stick to the facts!'