Sunday, October 15, 2023

Elizabethan model railway show 2023

 


Another work trip. This time and early start to photograph a layout spotted earlier in the year. They had kindly arranged for the venue to open for me at 8:30, but that still meant a 6:30 start to ensure I made it to near Nottingham in time. 

Work done, I took a wander around the show. For a small event, it punched above its weight layout-wise. There were a couple more potential layout shoots, and a few others I liked, but wouldn't have worked well on the page. Not an issue, they gave both owners and visitors a lot of pleasure. One needed three goes before I could get in front of it!

Cake was pretty good, a definite 7 out of 10. Should I have fancied it (I didn't), Bovril was on offer at the cafe. That's a first, but I didn't see anyone partake. 

Trade was mixed, but you could bag most things, apart from paint, for a layout. There was some good rooting around in the second-hand piles too, so something for everyone. 

A few phone photos can be found on Flickr.

1 comment:

Luke Stevens said...

The 20's on MGRE are nice but I was getting stressed just watching!

Luke