Tuesday, June 11, 2024

More junk

 Junk

At the weekend, we had the model boat club open day, and since I'm short of material, we'll start by looking at the junk I bought from the bring'n'buy stall. I know these sort of posts are popular, because after any big show, someone always lets us see photos of the goodies they have bought. Sadly, it's usually N gauge in boxes. I'm sure the stuff I buy is much more interesting. 

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of: 

  • A small round rasp. This will be a very handy woodworking tool for when I drill holes in slightly the wrong place. 
  • A wide and very, very soft brush. Ideal for dusting models before taking photos. 
  • A gas-filler adapter. Well, you can't have too many of these. 
  • A spring balance for testing loco traction. It's much easier to read than the one I have, and reports in kg and lbs. 
  • A Speed control. 15A, so loads of grunt. No idea if it works. 
  • A doorbell button. Well, someone had to buy it, and I have ideas for a push-button operated model. I now have the button...

Total cost, a fiver. This is why I love rummage boxes.

No comments: