Thursday, October 03, 2024

Baseboards, dirty Nellie and hammering in BRM

 

Progress continues on my NG7 layout in November's BRM. This time I'm over-engineering the baseboard using my very limited woodworking skills. 

Of course, baseboard building involved hammering nails, so on BRM TV, I'm taking a look at this most common process. 

Away from the layout, there is some weathering, using a new Hornby "Nellie" as my subject. Well, none other than Terrance Cuneo did the same back in 1963, so I'm following in his footsteps. 

Finally, a quick bit of stock building, with a Peco O16.5 wagon. 

The camera has been out again, pointed at the O gauge layout "Harbourne St Mary". 

And the wonderful O16.5 layout "Roundhay", the one that inspired my NG7 efforts. 

Roundhay

All this in the November 2024 issue of British Railway Modelling magazine.





No comments: