Saturday, October 19, 2024

On holiday


If everything is going as planned, by the time most of you are reading this, I should be at St Pancras station, awaiting the first of a series of trains, that will transport me to Switzerland. 

I've booked a trip through Great Rail Journeys, and should be heading to Wilderswil, for a week. 

Part of the holiday includes a trip up the Jungfrau Railway, so I hope the weather is good!

I'll also be near Interlaken, and have identified a couple of model shops, among other attractions. Well, it's a good way to make yourself visit different bits of a city. 

All this means no modelling content for a week, but you can (hopefully, technology permitting) follow my travels. 

On Instagram, I am Practical_Phil

 


 On Flickr, I am Phil Parker



Feel free to head over to either of these sites for your daily entertainment. And, all being well, I'll see you on my return in a week.


2 comments:

James Finister said...

They were excellent when we used them for trip to India. I'll be in Switzerland some of this week, but won't get a chance to play trains

Chris Mould said...

Lucky man, we did that trip in June 2014, superb holiday (the weather was very kind to us) but unfortunately I missed the model shops in Interlaken! I can recommend the cable car trip up to the revolving restaurant on the Schilthorn used in one of the Bond films and the baggage transfer system at the top of the cable car route on the Murren/Lauterbrunnen Bahn is fascinating - you'll know what I mean if you see it!