As I picked up the 1/24 figure set, the guy behind the Stafford second-hand stall said, "I thought of you when I put that out!"
It seems I have a reputation.
To be fair, I've enjoyed some cracking deals from this stand. Mostly buying stuff no one else wants, but appeals to my weird interests.
So, we have a 1/24 set of "Campus Friends" in an odd Tamiya box. This set looks to be the original 1983 version, there is a more modern set with a figure taking a selfie. However, the plain box confuses me. Is this an early "white label" version?
The Russian army figures are useful poses, especially those with the fuel drum. And the MG, well, I hadn't brought my spend up to the value of my entry ticket, and it just appealed to me. There is a lot of box for a very small motor car!
These came from a preservation stand. The Merit carboys are nice models, and with straw packing, will make a wagon load. I suppose most people would ignore them for something 3D printed, but that's their loss. The trees are just nice boxes, and I'm curious about them, especially the Alder trees.
Anorak's Anonymous provided me with a nice kit for a road roller, travelling van and water bowser. These are nice kits and make up well. Six quid is a lot cheaper than a RTR diecast model, and so much more fun too. While we are looking at road vehicles, the diecast trailers from £3 for three, and the second-hand stall had a pile of them.
Another AA find. I didn't know what I was buying here; I just really loved the box design, from a firm I've never heard of. What I have is a set of street light kits. Probably a bit American, but not outrageously so. However, buying old kits because I like the look of the box is very on-brand for me.
Finally, from the donations table, at the end of the day, so obviously not that popular, a railway simulator. I don't think I've ever had a proper go with one of these, so why not? I'm probably one of the last people with a CD Rom drive in my computer anyway - which probably explains it being left on the table!
Not a spendy show, but the trade was good fun. I haven't picked a few bits up for work projects too, but this is the fun/weird stuff that makes going to a physical event so entertaining.





No comments:
Post a Comment