Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Drive re-connected


driveshaft
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
The drive shaft fits. Like a good boy I greased it in an effort to repel rust. Carefully fitted it to the boat and then gingerly tested it out of the water.

Nothing. We have steering but no drive. I slacken things off and still nothing. Time for plenty of muttering and poking around in the mechanicals.

Suddenly there is life. A loose connection was the problem. The motor roars and I realise I need to tighten things up again.

I hope this holds. Apparently Ripmax don’t stock this part as a spare. The one Maxx Models got me was a one-off and might not be repeated. Ripmax don’t have an e-mail address either on their site so I don’t hold out much hope. With 5 broken shafts among the clubs boats, the racing might be a bit limited this Sunday.

No comments: