Sunday, July 30, 2006

Finished


Finished HO scale Barclay
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Hooray – I’ve finally finished something !

The HO scale Barclay is complete. The simple livery (can something so plain be said to have a livery ?) doesn’t take long to complete. I sprayed the black and hand painted the red buffer beams. Fortunately an ex-works finish wasn’t required otherwise the paint “bloom” on the cab sides would have been a problem. As it is, the weathered finish is enhanced by the slightly washed out effect.

The WD and arrow had to be hand painted as I’ve never managed to find a transfer for this. I wish I could as this must be the fifth time I have built this loco (2 static plastic attempts before plans were available and 3 kits). Chris has a lot to answer for with Overlord.

Once I complete a loco it spends along while running up and down the test rack on the workbench. Not to run it in as a rolling road does this better, but just because I like to see the source of fun and frustration actually work. It'’ like watching telly but the plot and characters are better. Very relaxing.

No comments: