Saturday, July 12, 2008

Critter - Done !


Finished critter
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
The Critter (is that disrespectful, should I say "Diesel shunting locomotive" ?) is done. A light blast from the airbrush with some very thin brown paint toned the whole body down. My intention was to model a working loco with the sort of muck you find on any industrial plant. Nothing too decrepit - just grubby.

Once the paint was dry, the window glazing was carried out with Krystal Klear. It takes a bit of practise to do windows as big as these but the results are better than I'd manage with bits of plastic, Confidence is the key - you end up working a big blob of the goo around the opening on the end of a screwdriver and if you don't work reasonably quickly it will drop off the end.

I'm very pleased with this model - for a freelance locomotive it really looks the part. To my eyes anyway, but perhaps I'm not exactly a neutral judge !

No comments: