Friday, May 20, 2016

No panic, just let me at the plastic

Plasticard noodling a wheelhouse.

"You realise it's just over 3 weeks to the boat club open day don't you?"

My dad has been looking at the calendar. He's right. 3 weeks until my chairman's challenge boat needs to be ready and it's only a hull with a deck and some cornflake packet superstructure. 

Which is why I spent a late night scoring and cutting the wheelhouse sides, aided by a box-set of the original Battlestar Galactica. Maybe if I'd paid a bit more attention I'd have spotted that two of the panels should have portholes and not windows in them...

Mind you, I found a lovely picture to provide me with some paint colours.


Can you believe you can buy the plans for this REAL boat for $15? That's cheaper than model plans!

No comments: