Sunday, March 10, 2019

L&WMRS show 2019

Phils stand

A busy weekend for me at Leamington. With my club member rather than writer hat on, I'd been asked for a display of small layouts and dioramas.

Setting up in the special area that's an odd shape for anyone else with 3 small layouts (Melbridge Parva, Melbridge Box Company and The Handyman Hall Railway) plus a few static displays. The plan was to talk micro layouts and explain that a huge space isn't required to get into the hobby.

And that's pretty much what I did all weekend. It was 3:30 on Saturday before I stopped gabbing and much of Sunday wasn't much quieter. With all that talking, I didn't get to see the show other than outside opening times.

James Street station

Normally, my favourite layout will be something in a weird scale and tiny. Not this time, it is the N gauge layout James Street. Regrettably, I didn't get to watch this amazing model work. Nor can I work out how I've not spotted it before at a show. I definitely want to get a proper look in the future.


No comments: