Friday, August 14, 2020

Getting animated in September's BRM


I'm getting mobile in the latest issue of BRM. My big build is a working chair-o-plane kit in Ho scale.

Now, I could have just stuck the bits together, but that wouldn't be me at all. I wanted to make this look realistic, so the self-coloured plastic gets a coat of paint for a start.

The result looks great and is terrific fun. A long way from the sort of things that I'd expect to be building for a model railway magazine - but there is a good reason for it as you'll find out.



While we look at animations, I've picked 5 of my favourites and tried to explain how they work. While moving things other than trains are a bit of a gimmick, they are also terrific fun. All the more so when done well and subtly.



Finally, on the DVD, I show you how to use servos for building operating features. It's a lot simpler and cheaper than you might think.


No comments: