Sunday, August 30, 2020

Happy retirement Philip!

  

No not me, there's no chance I'll ever be able to retire - it's the good looking one on the right in this photo. 

From the Douglas Bay Horse tramways online pages: 

Strawberry roan Clydesdale "Philip", who is 21 years old this year and started tramming back in 2003, retired from the tramway yesterday and will be joining friends and former stable-mates at the Isle of Man Home of Rest for old horses. 

Yes, my namesake has retired from a life of hauling tourists along Douglas prom and will live out his days at the fantastic retirement home. He has a life of wandering around spacious fields, munching grass and being fed pony nuts by eager visitors to look forward too. 

All of this costs money, so as soon as I heard, I was on the phone to sponsor him. This only costs a tenner a year and when you see how well the animals are looking after, it well worth the tiny expense. If I can't travel on a Philip-powered tram, at least I can help keep him in nibbles. 

If you fancy sponsoring a horse, head over the Home of Rest for old horses website - and if you ever make it over to the Isle of Man, pay them a visit. 




No comments: