Wednesday, December 09, 2020

2nd pour for the canal

 

Some delicate work now - time to try to bring the canal on the right hand board up to the level of that on the left. Ideally without sticking it to the worktop again. 

My plan was to bring the water level up to the top of the meniscus, using this to hold the "water" back. This would see it close to level all the way along. 

I'm not sure how I could have done this better. Maybe it's possible to saw through the resin once it's set. Seal the entire canal, pour it in one go and cut through later. I don't know, but I'll have a play with the leftover resin and let you know how I get on. 

Anyway, once poured, the model is covered with a sheet of foamboard and I go and hide in the office to avoid risking raising any dust that will stick in the water.

No comments: