Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Fixing the arches down

Not an exciting photo, but this is a big moment for the Selly Oak build - the arches can be fixed down permenantly!

With buildings this big, glue alone isn't a great idea but those 9mm thick bit of plywood supporting the track bed are fat enough to screw into. As long as I drill some pilot holes anyway. We don't want to be going on a fishing operation with the electric screwdriver trying to find them from under the baseboard.

I'm getting there now. With the board cleared, I can see the model and get a proper feel for it. There's a long was to go, but putting things together and stepping back for a look helps keep the enthusiasm up.


2 comments:

James H said...

Colours in the photo, of the arches and road are looking very promising, loads of atmosphere already without anything else down!
You mentioned some time back that odd square internal corner at the front, what are you thinking now? It does seem to be crying out for something, even just a small infill triangular section?

Phil Parker said...

I've been looking at prototype photos and the front edge of the board. At the moment, my only thinking is, "I need to get the rest of this completed" but I agree, and infill section would be nice. And I still have the bit of baseboard cut out.