Thursday, December 30, 2021

A new project in BRM plus a dirty narrow gauge loco

Can you weather a locomotive to look clean? 

I have a go with Heljan's latest - Lyn. Since this is the earliest livery in the range, it doesn't want to be filthy, but no real steam engine looked as clean as a fresh from the box ready to run model. 

Somehow, in a meeting, I ended up "volunteering" to build another small layout, this one in time to take to the London Festival of Railway Modelling in March. The prototype will be a small wagon repair works. I've already gathered quite a bit of scenic material, but to start with we need to do some planning. 

Talking of which, my video for BRMTV shows some of the methods I use to plan a layout - expecially a micro one where you have to make every inch of space count. 

Finally, I take a quick look at three ScaleModelScenery kits. 

All this in the February 2022 issue of BRM.



No comments: