Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Making the cover of MRJ

 

The latest issue of MRJ has a Midland Railway theme, and the front cover is adorned with a Tony Wright photo of the late John Web's Ambergate layout. 

Who painted all the buildings on Ambergate? 

Me, that's who. I went through gallons of Humbrol 121, but it was all worth it as the results looks great. OK, probably more down to John's model making rather than my efforts with the brush, but at least I saved him time to more modelmaking. 

Obviously, now I've been on the cover of the finescale bible, my modelling credentials are confirmed and I can bathe in smugness...

4 comments:

Chris Ford said...

Your cunning disguise of the tweed jacket would seem to have worked.

Paul B. said...

I quite like a bit of tweed myself...

Will you be doing a guest editorial now Phil? And will you be doing signings??

Phil Parker said...

TBH, with all the RTR appearing in the mag, I'm not sure if it's high-brow enough for me anymore... :-)

Paul B. said...

Well, there is RTR P4 now...