Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Good wood

 

Working on a water tower for a future BRM project, I got lucky when painting the roof of the resin model to represent wood. Since it's not part of the main article, I'll mention it here.

Over a grey primer base, I laid down a coat of Lifecolour UA717 Cold base colour. While this was still wet, I streaked in some UA718 Cold light shade. All colours (should that be colors?) from the "Weathered Wood" set.

The result looked really good. Faking wood isn't easy, but this worked a treat. 

Once dry, I washed the roof with thinned cheap dark brown acrylic for a little weathering. 


 

4 comments:

GeoffinOz said...

You are English not USA so is COLOUR

Phil Parker said...

I am English, but the paint is American - hence the color issue. Probably "rootin' tootin' yeehaw color" or something.

Phil Parker said...

I'm just confused now. Perhaps I should use colour !

Phil Parker said...

Or even colore...