Friday, August 08, 2008

Projects you don't want


scrunch corner
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
My van had some "issues" at the MOT last week so this morning I was waiting in the rain for Bugshak to open. While tidying up an area requiring welding I had found another long hole hidden away that would need attention and wanted to have a chat with Malc about it.

He arrived having just taken a car for an MOT, which it had failed. This meant my remedial work would be delayed. No surprise but a shame. Anyway, the van is now booked in for MOT fixing AND outer sill on the drivers side to be replaced.

As I backed away I made sure I would miss the MOT failure. I didn't make sure I'd miss the broken down fork lift truck.

The forklift came away without a scratch. My van wasn't so lucky. That rear corner took a mighty whack. Considering the slow speed the damage is impressive. Or it would be if someone else was fixing it.

No comments: