Monday, June 18, 2018

A box for ideas...

This is a box. 
A laser-cut box. 
Assembled and ready to play. 

OK, leaving the Camberwick Green memories alone, what we have here is a Tim Horn photobox. Cut from birch-face ply, the dimensions are:

Length-80cm
Depth - 25cm

Window - 74 x 21cm

Tim himself gave me this at DEMU a few weeks ago, the normal price is a bargain £40. I don't have a project lined up for it. He didn't want me to do anything specific. So far I've slotted the parts together without glue, just masking tape and Blu-tack to keep things together for the photo. 

But it's got me thinking. Let's face it, I have form at making model railway layouts in small boxes and this one has my creative juices flowing. There's no rush, this isn't (for the moment) a magazine project. It's a blank canvas.

1 comment:

James Finister said...

Mine is pencilled in for either a HOf project or a Kings Lynn wharfside scheme based on an idea by Ian Holmes http://apavalley.blogspot.com/2014/09/kings-lynn.html