Friday, June 22, 2018

Something different in Garden Rail July - Lego!


I've taken a bit of a risk with the latest issue of Garden Rail - months ago I spotted an amazing layout on Facebook and knew I wanted it on the page. The thing is, as you can see, the layout is made from Lego.

Now, this is a bit unusual, but the modelling quality is very high, the layout lives outside all year round in Switzerland and there's a couple of useful techniques employed that other modellers could find useful. It also just looks fantastic. I didn't have any captions for the photos, but friends who are interested in foreign railways quickly identified the prototypes, they are that good.

I think I've pulled it off, from the 16mm scale publicity officer, "that Lego railway you really have to look at closely to see that it’s built of bricks!"

We've some more serious content too of course. Working wagons, coach building, layout extending and reviews of two Roundhouse locomotives. It's another full issue!

Garden Rail 287 - July 2018.

1 comment:

Steph Hicking said...

The Lego layout was no risk in my opinion, it is fantastic! I loved reading about it.