Monday, July 22, 2019

2 by 2, they went for a sail


Loading the ark with figures proved to be interesting. I tried a few different arrangements but ended up with something very close to the first version. I wanted to keep the pairs of animals together, but there's not actually much deck space. As it is, the giraffes had to look over each other than the front legs of the elephants aren't on the ground.

Sticking them down was essential. I had considered fixing wood in their legs and screwing them down, but eventually simply glued them in place with UHU on some feet and clear silicone sealant on others. I might go for solvent eventually, but like the idea of being able to remove them if I decide, I don't like things later. UHU/silicone can be peeled away, or at least I hope it can.

After this, a quick trip around the pool was called for. All seemed well...

No comments: