Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Waterborne Wednesday: Canal boats and crane

Canal boats at Hillmorton

At the end of the year, I needed and urgent top-up of my modelling supplies. A trip to Tony's Trains was called for so I made an early start.

With a few minutes to kill before opening time, I wandered around the lock complex the shop is based in at Hillmorton and couldn't resist this scene. The boats are nice, but the crane is a bit special. I'm sure it would be a useful prototype for anyone needing some scale lifting gear.

1 comment:

Huw Griffiths said...

All of this makes me wonder how long it will be before you build your own version, to go on a layout.

Although I don't think you generally revisit old project layouts, perhaps there might be a case for making an exception with "Ruston Quay".

Well, it's either that or you building a cakebox diorama, featuring one of these cranes, to find its way into a future show - and an issue of BRM, before it gets there.