Friday, July 17, 2020

Coal wagons and Isle of Man action in the August BRM


Three coal wagons 
 
Some classic kit building - three flavours of 16 ton mineral wagon. 

Handed a couple of Parkside and single Cambrian plastic kit, I've built and compared the models. None are perfect, but all offer a cheaper way to build up your coal trains than RTR models, if you are happy wielding glue that is. 


Presumably I've been bad, because they made me do some DCC stuff. This time it's converting a Tenshodo SPUD to digital control. 


Much more up my street was a trip to photograph the excellent Isle of Man layout "Manin Middle". 

To go with this, Andy has dreamt up a plan that includes four Manx stations and I've provided a load of photos from the island. Sadly, they didn't have space for all of them bause people would expect some other articles. I mean, I only sent over 300...

Finally, on the DVD, I'm making a classic Binnie tipper wagon kit up. These things are stupidly cheap for what they are and a great fun little plastic kit project. 



No comments: