Friday, November 05, 2021

Use the good wood


When working on my little industrial layout recently, the sides needed covering with something to smarten up the model. 

The obvious material for the job is thin plywood. It's easy to cut with a sharp knife and when varnished, looks good.There are stocks in the Parker material store, so it's even handy. 

But, part of me thinks the good wood should be kept for something special. A project worthy of quality materials. 

If the pandemic has taught us anything, it's that this sort of thinking is rubbish. It's only bits of tree. I can buy more. I need to stop waiting for the "special" project to come along. 

I'm glad I did - the result looks really nice. Maybe this was the "special" project? 

At the very least, it gives me an excuse to buy more wood next time I see it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very much a Good Wood Revival. Looks great.

George

Phil Parker said...

Brilliant!