Thursday, September 08, 2022

Making trams move in BRM October

It's BRM day today, so what have I been up to? 

On the workbench, I take a diecast tram and make it work with a simple-to-use chassis kit. The results are very effective, and miles away from the jackrabbit starting sometimes seen in the past. 

Talking of the past, on BRMTV, I take a look at various ways to build operable trams. 


The cupboards and display cases have been raided o provide examples of the different models, and in more then one scale too...

My camera has been out again too, with all the main feature layouts being Phil photoshoots. 

Kingsfield is one of the larger layouts I've shot. A big roundy-roundy, it's not an easy one for a small-layout fan like me, but I've tried to take plenty of different angles, so the result is unlike any photos you've seen of this model before. Digi readers also get film of trains moving, and they are very impressive.

Oldshaw is a layout I remember seeing for the first time at Burton-on-Trent many years ago, and I really liked it then. There's probably a blog mention somewhere. 

Anyway, it has a new owner and I finally caught up with the model for a shoot a few months ago. A modest size, there are loads of wonderful views to work with, making my job easier and hopefully, resulting in some interesting images on the page and screen. 

Finally, a real tiddler - Ewe is tiny, but still full of atmosphere. Proof, if it were needed, that a small layout can be visually interesting and fun to build. Then you take it to the RMweb members day and some idiot insists on pointing a camera at it!

All this in the Ocotber 2022 issue of BRM.

2 comments:

Luke Stevens said...

At some point my copy will turn up... It like many things is caught in the postal strike.

Luke (In eager anticipation!)

Phil Parker said...

Ni sign of my copy yet either - and it's not the only mag that seems to be missing in action. I'm sure it will turn up eventually.