Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Bond Bug

 

Airfix Bond Bug
When the Bond Bug appeard in the Airfix Vintage Classics range, I was soooo pleased. It's a car that has always fascinated me, even though I doubt I'd fit in one. Many years ago, an antiques shop had one in the window for £500, and I did seriously consider it, although on balance, not raiding my savings was probably a wise move. 

It's not just me either. This has been the most pre-ordered kit in the range ever, so there are plenty out there who like orange wedges of motoring fun!


Mostlty produced from original, and refurbished, moulds, the parts are clean, but moulded in a slightly soft plastic. Not Dapol soft, but not as hard as you normally find. 

The exception are the clear parts, which I believe are new moudings, reverse-engineered from original parts borrowed from a collector. Certainly not bought - original kits are stupidly expensive!

Transfers are also new, and well up to modern standards. 

In theory, this should be a quick, and fun, build.

No comments: